Monday, October 24, 2011

Welcome Jade Addison

I know that it has been a while since I last posted, but we have been very busy the past 3 weeks.

Jim and I welcomed Jade Addison on Oct. 6th at 12:56 pm. She weighed 6 lbs 15 oz and was 19 1/4 inches long. The induction began at about 7 am and she was born just 6 hours later--thank goodness! She was perfectly healthy and very alert. I think she only slept about 1-2 hours that day!

We went home the next day and spent a couple of days enjoying our new little bundle of joy. My mom and Jim's parents came for a few days to meet Jade and help us with packing--that's right, 1 week after Jade was born Jim and I moved from Rapid City, SD to Bismarck, ND!

For those of you who know Jim and I, you know that we have moved a few times since we've been married. Seven times to be exact (I bet that is more than some of our military friends). Out of those 7 moves, four have been across the country--SD to AZ, AZ to ND, ND to AZ, and AZ to SD. Two of those moves were within the same town. But I must say that this move topped them all! I think that we are completely insane! Packing and moving with a newborn is not the smartest decision we've ever made-especially since this is our first baby! I honestly can't believe we pulled it off! We loaded the truck on Oct. 13th and drove to Bismarck on the 14th. We had quite the caravan-Jim drove the U-haul, his parents drove their car with our dogs, and I drove our car with Jade. All I can say is the next time we move, whether it's in town or back to AZ :), we will be hiring movers!

Jade and I have been adjusting to life in our new home. We have slowly been putting things away and getting Jade's room put together. It is very nice to have a room for her. I will post pictures later as we go along.

Here are some pictures of the first few weeks of Jade's life:

Jade's 1st photo shoot

 Jade with G-pa Warne

 Jade with G-ma Warne

 Jade with G-ma Burrer

 Moving Day

 Jim putting Jade's crib together

Jade is very thrilled with her crib!

No comments:

Post a Comment