Thursday, March 14, 2013

It's a....

BOY!

We received our referral early last week (I know, I should have posted this sooner). We got a referral for a 7 month old little boy in DR Congo. I wish I could post pictures! He has the sweetest, cutest face! He looks very healthy and happy-which is a huge praise! We received new pictures today and he has already changed so much! I can't post a picture or name at this time, for privacy and legal reasons, but for now we will refer to him as A.

We should be able to send him care packages very soon! (We might be able to do it already). I can't wait to go shopping for him! Jim and I are going to hit a few stores this weekend. I didn't realize until we received our referral, that there is so much LESS boy stuff than girls.

Now we just wait. We have to wait for all the legal stuff to go through, and to be honest, I'm not sure what what all that entails. It will probably be 8-12 months before we go to Africa to get him. I'm praying that we can go before Christmas. Until that time, we should receive monthly updates and photos-it will be so hard watching him grow up in photos. We also have to fill out forms for grants and begin some fund raising.

I would like to ask you all to pray for us and that precious little boy. I will give you more details as I'm able to.

Erin

2 comments:

  1. YAY!! I've noticed the same thing about there being less boy stuff than girls in stores. I don't really understand why, since half of babies are boys. Oh well. I really hope we both get to pick up our babies before Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful news!!! Can't wait to hear more and see pictures and hopefully some day soon meet this sweet little boy that we have been praying for! Please let me know if I can do anything or any specific prayers I can say!

    ReplyDelete